Timothy Pierce: He came from Wilton, New Hampshire and bought 35 acres here in 1788. Built a modest house on the west side of the road to Stoddard just south of the Stoddard line. Sold the place to his neighbor, Martin Lawrence in 1794. Martin probably lived here until i797 when he acquired the adjoining property and build a much bigger house at D-5-1. The house was probably abandoned then.