By Magicpiano – Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, on Wikipedia
This house is in what is now Harrisville, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Timothy Bancroft is believed to have built the ell of this house in about 1785; the larger main block was probably added in the mid-19th century.
During the 19th century, the Bancroft mill complex was at the center of a community known variously as Mosquitoville and Mosquitobush. The complex included a number of additional buildings, and the busy mill supplied wood products to the textile mills in Harrisville center, and was a major local employer. The mill burned in 1875. The house was subsequently used as housing for another nearby sawmill, and then as a summer residence