E-1-7

Prior to the building of this building in 1840, most Harrisville residents attended the Congregational Church some four miles away in Nelson. Bethuel and Deborah Harris had joined that church in 1817. Bethuel Harris built this building for evening religious services and it was used as such until a larger church was built at E-1-8 in 1842. After that it was used as a school.

Historic Harrisville link