Solomon Buckminster Place
The house was probably built in 1783 by Benjamin Nurs JR. He sold it to Samuel Frink who owned it less than a year before selling it to Solomon Buckminster with “the dwelling house theron standing”. He was instrumental in the formation of the town of Roxbury and was chairman of its first board of selectmen. He conveyed the farm to his son, Peter in 1812 and died there in 1827. Peter Buckminster sold it in 1853 to his son, Miles, who sold it a year later to Benjamin Fairbanks. Fairbanks sold it in 1855 to Charles Davis who was he last resident abandoning the place in 1871.