This was one of nine schools built by Nelson in 1789-1790. It served the families in the southeast quarter of the town and was located “on the road between Captain James Bancroft’s house and Dublin”. This one-room schoolhouse, originally built from wood, had perhaps as many as 40 students ranging from age six to sixteen attending per session. In 1810 it had 38 students. School #7 held both summer and winter sessions. The original wooden building was replaced by a brick one in 1821. Here we show a picture of the building late in its life with students.