Asa Stone sold 6 square rods to School District #4 in 1830.   “To be held by the school as long as it is maintained as a school.” A Brick school was built here and served the mill village of Munsonville until the Munsonville School as built in 1891. In 1878 the school district, now called school #2, merged with the adjoining school district in Stoddard which sent 4 students to the school.