Timothy Bancroft of Barnstable, Massachusetts bought the Right of Benjamin French (400 acres) in the southeast quarter of Monadnock #6 early. He sold 100 acres here in 1770 to his son, James. James acquired the balance of the French Right after his father’s death in 1780.
James bult a board house here as early as 1771. By the settlement survey of 1773 he had 20 acres cleared and 14 more cut over. He and his wife, Lucy Whitney had nine children. James saw service in the Revolution and served on the Committee of Safety that arrested Breed Batchellor. He and his wife were charter members of the church.
Samuel Warren bought 124 acres and the house from James Bancroft, in 1786. He sold to Noah Hardy in 1797 who moved here from D-4-2. Hardy established a cooperage nearby. In 1819 Hardy sold to his son-in-law, Benjamin Miles Buckminster and the two families shared the house until they moved to Antrim in 1828. The house was abandoned then.