Robert Sheldon settled here and built a large house and barns in 1795. Starting with 100 acres, he built a farm of several hundred acres. He and his wife, Polly Spoffird, raised eight children. He sold the farm in 1843 to Danforth Taylor JR. Danforth and Martha raised at least five children there. The oldest, Frederick lived in Munsonville [place code needed] and ran a chair factory at B-4-7. The second son, Henry Danforth Taylor, succeeded his father on the farm in 1854.
Henry Taylor sold the farm to Daniel Holt in 1856. Daniel and Sybil lived there until 1872 when they sold to Asaph G. Priest. Priest had the place until 1886 selling to Daniel Holt’s son, Asahel in 1886. The place seems to have had at least seasonal use as late as the mid nineteen thirties.