Nathaniel Woods built this house on part of his farm after he sold the place to his son, Samuel, with the right to live there until he died. Perhaps the house was built to facilitate management of the brickyard across the road. The Woods and Felt families all operated the yard in turn. In 1839, another of Woods’ sons, Isiah, returned to Nelson from Winhall, Vermont and bought the new place from his father. The two Woods families lived there until 1843 when the pace was sold to Joseph Felt. Joseph moved to Sullivan and was succeeded by his son, Leander in 1848. Leander was here probably until after the Civil War.