Nathaniel and Mercy Barrett bought land here in 1778 from John French. His record of enlistment in the Revolutionary War (he enlisted from Mason, NH) suggests that he built here after the war – perhaps in 1783. The had six children including John who married Lucy Nichols (F-5-14) and Nathaniel JR who built nearby at F-5-1. Nathaniel died in 1826 and his son, Nathaniel inherited the farm.
John Cummings, a carpenter from Hancock, bought the place in 1838 and was here until 1841. During his tenure here, Cummings began the construction of the Nelson Congregational Church and, perhaps other homes in Nelson Village. The home was sold to George Wilson after Nathaniel’s death and eventually was the home of Markus Bailey.
The home burned in the 1940’s