Luther Heaton’s original house stood here on land he purchased from his father in 1784. Luther and his wife were childless and adopted his nephew, Samuel Wadsworth, as toddler. Samuel’s father had died before his on was born and his mother, Luther Heaton’s sister, gave her son to the Luther and Joanna Heaton to raise. When Samuel married (1807), Luther conveyed the farm to his adopted son and built on a ten-acre piece he had reserved for himself at A-2-8. Samuel and Mary Wadsworth lived here until about 1819 or 1820 when the built a new brick hose at A-2-7. This house was abandoned at that time.