Josiah Woodward bought land and water rights here in 1804 and moved here from Marlborough with his wife, Keziah, building a large two-story frame house. His wife died in 1810 and he remarried Sally Wakefield of Dublin. Josiah deeded half the home, mill and 110 acres to his son, Josiah M. Woodward. Sally lived on the place with her son and his family until they moved to Keene in 1856 where she died in 1864. They were succeeded on the place by Laban Cushing and George Hall (1878). Hall sold the place and the mill to the City if Keene in 1885 and it was removed.
The city of Keene is repairing the dam at Woodward Pond (2020) but the location of the Woodward house can be found south of the road to the dam from Roxbury Center and a few feet west of the repair work.