Josiah Whitney bought lot #2 in range 10 in Packersfield’s northeast quarter in 1779. Clearing had been done there earlier by Elihu Higbe. He built first at D-5-7 and afterwards here. Nancy and Josiah Whitney came to Packersfield with their first two children; they added seven more. In 1822 Josiah sold his 160-acre farm to his son, Josiah Jr, in return for $2000 and an agreement for a lifetime of support. Nancy died in 1824 and her husband in 1827. Both are buried in the village cemetery. Josiah kept on at the farm until 1838 when he sold it to Jonas Goodhue of Hancock.
Jonas and Lucinda had two children. In 1846 a double tragedy hit the family with the death of seven-year-old, Sarah in July and her mother in November. Jonas married Phoebe Wilson of Stoddard. The couple had five children of their own. The Goodhues increased the farm to almost 300 acres before moving to Hancock in about 1870. The farm was broken up and the house was sold to Josephine Stanford in 1879.The places seems to have been used as a seasonal residence since then. In 1898 Mrs. Belle Greene of Boston bought it as a summer home and kept it until her death in 1945. The home is currently owned by Damon Spilios