This lot was one of the Proprietor’s Lots in Monadnock #6, land reserved for the original proprietors with three lots reserved for the support of town functions: support of the gospel (2) and support of schools (1). The Town leased lot number one in the eighth range to Josiah Flint for 999 years in 1788 as part of the effort to finance a new, bigger meetinghouse. Flint built the house here. He sold (leased for 975 years) it to Samuel Farwell JR in 1811. Perely Kendall sold it to Horace Fales in 1831 and he lived here from 1831 to 1835. The house and barns burned July 4, 1835 and were not rebuilt.