This was the Newhall’s second house on their farm. Built in about 1774, it was approximately 30’ x 30’ — a proper frame house with a chimney to replace the log cabin at D-2-4. John and Elizabeth may have moved to Vermont and left the property in the hands of their sons, John and Josiah. In 1797 John and Josiah sold the farm to Andrew Bailey of Peterborough. Andrew and Rebecca (French) Bailey lived there from1797 to 1800. During his short tenure they increased the holdings from 66 to 150 acres. He moved on in 1800. It is not clear who lived there next, but the place was probably abandoned soon after.