Nathaniel Breed moved to Packersfield in 1767 and built a “double pole house” at D-4-7 as there was no sawmill in town at that time. He probably built a proper board house on this site in 1774. In 1782 he sold the place to Samuel Cummings — a 240 acre farm with the “buildings thereon.” Nathaniel and his wife returned to Packersfield in 1789 and lived with his son, Nathaniel Jr. at the outlet of Silver Lake. The pond was called Pleasant Pond then but was renamed Breed Pond after Nathaniel.
Cummings sold the place 10 years later to John Osgood, a blacksmith from Andover, Massachusetts and moved to Cornish, NH. There is no mention of buildings in the deed to John Osgood. Perhaps the house had been lost to a fire. John and his wife, Lydia (Heald) had six children before she died in 1801. John married Betsy Rice and had two more children including Horatio born in 1806. An 1899 Keene Sentinel article describes a party held at the former Osgood home in that year. It describes the home as having been built for John Osgood before 1800 by Amos Heald.
John Osgood occupied the home until 1835 when he sold it to his son, Horatio. Horatio lived there until he moved to Hancock in 1861. He died there in 1882. During his tenure the lead mine was developed across the road by Moses Carleton and Jacob Seabury. He was followed by Eldridge Taft. A.J. Beal occupied the place in 1892 and it was probably abandoned around 1910.