James Phillips Came from Rutland, Massachusetts and had cleared 7 acres of land and built a pole house by 1774. Built a frame house soon after and was succeeded by his brother, Gideon Phillips in 1792. In 1827 Gideon sold it to Gideon Newcombe and his widow sold it after Gideon’s death in 1838. Nahum Bridge, a shoemaker, lived here from 1842 to 1863. The house was abandoned in about 1872.