E-1-8

Following the establishment of religious services in the “vestry” (E-1-7) it was inevitable that a church would be formed to serve the growing community of Harrisville. In 1840 Bethuel Harris and thirty others petitioned the Nelson Church to be dismissed so that they could form their own congregation. The $3,500 cost of this new church was largely contributed by Bethuel Harris. It was completed in 1842.

Historic Harrisville link: