The Newcomb Place:
A well-developed site with a large barn foundation to the west. William Banks built the house here prior to 1791. When Charles Rice bought the place and moved here from D-4-1 in 1791, the deed included the following: “the same farm on which William Banks now lives together with all buildings.”
Charles Rice sold it to James Newcomb in 1803 and that family resided there for three generations until Ellen M. Newcomb who was the last resident in 1892.